The following is a collection of frequently asked questions regarding Lustrous Henna®.
1. How does natural hair dye, hair color differ from chemical hair dye?
2. What is PPD?
3. What are the allergic reactions that PPD can cause?
4. How much Lustrous Henna® I need for one application?
5. How much Lustrous Henna® differs from regular plain henna?
6. How long Lustrous Henna® Lasts?
7. Can I see the actual color on my hair immediately after the application?
8. I have lot of gray hair, will I be able to cover gray?
9. My hair is dry; will Lustrous Henna® work on my hair?
10. Can I use Lustrous Henna® before or after a perm?
11. I use PPD base chemical hair dye, hair color; I’d like to switch to a healthy nontoxic hair dye as Lustrous Henna®. Will this work? Do I need to wait until the chemical comes off?
12. I have dark hair, what will Lustrous Henna® do for me?
13. I have dark brown hair, will Lustrous Henna® Red shade will make my hair red?
14. Can two colors be mixed to create a different shade?
1. Q: How does natural hair dye, hair color differ from chemical hair dye?
A: See Mechanism of Hair Dying
Most of the chemical dyes contain bleaching agents, such as ammonia and or peroxide which damage the outer most layer and create capillaries in the hair shaft to deposit hair dye inside. The next application again does the same to hair shaft. Resulting in: loss of strength, causes roughness over time, gradually damage hair and scalp permanently.
2. Q: What is PPD?
A: Para-Phenylenediamine - PPD (a coal tar derivative) is a main coloring agent in most of chemical hair dyes. This coal tar derivative is also used with other names in chemical dyes.
3. Q: What are the allergic reactions PPD can cause?
A: Allergic reaction caused by PPD hair dye in mild cases usually involves dermatitis to the upper eyelids or the rims of the ears. In more severe cases there may be marked reddening, swelling and blistering of the scalp and the face. The eyelids may close completely and allergic contact dermatitis reaction becomes widespread.
4. Q: How much Lustrous Henna® do I need for one application?
5. Q: How does Lustrous Henna® differ from regular plain Henna?
A: Regular henna is just grounded powder of leaves from plant of Lasonia Inermis which give only one color. Lustrous Henna® differs in many ways. See Lustrous Henna® vs Plain Henna for detail.
6. Q: How long Lustrous Henna® lasts?
A: 3-4 weeks the color will fade. But the best part is since Lustrous Henna® fades gradually, does not show ugly distinctive color difference with growth as with a chemical dye. Depending on the type of hair and how many times a person shampoos, with most people, it fades away in 6-12 weeks.
7. Q: Can I see actual color on my hair immediately after the application?
A: You will see the color, but the actual color will appear in 24 to 48 hours. As the color gets darker within this time period the actual coverage is established after this period. However, the color you get immediately after the application, still be admired by most people, as it is attractive enough to catch attention of people around you.
8. Q: I have lot of gray hair, will I be able to cover gray?
A: Gray hair is usually coarser and dryer then the other type of hair, as they tend to lose the natural oils. Up to 20% gray can be covered easier by the semi-permanent dye as Lustrous Henna® in any shade. People with more than 20% gray may require two or three applications to get a desired shade. Once you achieve the desired shade, it is normally easy to maintain afterwards.
9. Q: My hair is dry; will Lustrous Henna® work on my hair?
A: Lustrous Henna® not only color hair but its conditioning properties help brings body, life and vibrancy to dry damaged hair. Lustrous Henna enriches hair with its essential oil, giving hair natural radiance.
10. Q: Can I use Lustrous Henna® before or after a perm?
A: You may, but you must do a strand test first, since chemically treated hair does not react to Lustrous Henna® in the same way as normal hair. The chemicals may react with Lustrous Henna® in unexpected ways. In addition Lustrous Henna® may loosen the curl of the perm. Avoid Lustrous Henna® application on freshly permed hair. Let the perm settle for few days.
11. Q: I use PPD base chemical hair dye; I’d like to switch to a healthy nontoxic hair dye as Lustrous Henna®. Will this work? Do I need to wait until the chemical comes off?
A: You do not need to wait for your present chemical comes off. You can start Lustrous Henna® application any time.
12. Q: I have dark hair. What will Lustrous Henna® do for me?
A: If you have dark brown hair, Lustrous Henna will not lighten your dark hair, instead it will add the selected color over your existing one. If the selected color is lighter than your dark brown, this added hue will be be visible under the light over your original color. A great number of younger people, especially people with brown, dark brown, black, and red hair, apply Lustrous Henna® to beautify their hair. Lustrous Henna® red is the most admired shade for this purpose. This red shade brings a reddish tint to the hair, makes hair look very healthy and beautiful.
13. Q: I have dark brown hair. Will Lustrous Henna® Red shade make my hair red?
A: Lustrous Henna® cannot lighten your hair. The red shade will not make your hair completely red, instead it will add a reddish highlight to your hair. This reddish tint reflects very well against the light, making your hair look very attractive.
14. Q: Can two Lustrous Henna® colors be mixed to make a new shade?A: Some people do experiment by mixing colors to come up a shade of their choice, which is ok. We cannot guarantee any specific results.
If you don’t see your question here, please contact us and we will answer your question promptly. Thank you.